Monday, January 08, 2007

Clueless

When Clueless first came out, it was my favorite movie of all time. Now when I look back and watch it, it makes me think how stupid I must have been to worship it so much. I think I loved it so much because I was about 10 and I idolized the older teenage girls in it. All my friends used the phrases they used such as "Baldwin" and "As if" which to us, seemed very cool at the time. When I was younger, I took the movie a lot more seriously than I do now. Before, it was something cool to watch and imitate, now, it is simply a funny chick flick that makes me wonder why my friends and I took it so seriously, and also makes me feel embarassed that I actually tried saying "as if" in normal day language. I still enjoy watching the movie, though. I think it has a good message that helping others is rewarding, and I do enjoy the love story between Cher and her stepbrother. There are also some pretty funny scenes and quotes which still make me laugh after seeing it so many times. There are certain aspects that hint that a woman directed the movie, such as when Cher realizes she loves Josh, she feels as though she can't act the same around him. Also the way Ty acts after Elton doesn't like her really reminds me of some of my friends. Even though there was actually nothing between Elton and Ty, she claims they had a "song" and burns a bunch of stuff that reminds her of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home