Monday, January 08, 2007

we saw an awful lot of Harvey Keitel

The Piano:

I really do not know what to think about the film we saw today. I do not believe I have ever seen a film like that before. Some things, actually man left me wondering about the nature of that flick. First of all, why was the woman, Ade able to comprehend basically everything that someone would say to her through words? Wasnt she deaf? That made me wonder about a lot of things. Then, we saw Harvey Keitel in more ways than one. I think Jane Campion is a little overly erotic to be honest with you The way that scene was set up, I honestly believe that even women would have wished not to have seen that guys male genitalia. It was kind of awkward but okay in adult enviornment. (I guess)

I believe that the woman had no self- respect. I do not care whether she fell in love with that man, she should have told her husband that she was not attracted to him, and she wanted to explore other options. I do not like how there is always some unfaithfulness going on in so many movies these days. The acting was pretty good. I just do not think I have seen a movie like that before. At first I really had no idea what was going on Is that really what New Zealand looks like? I doubt it is always muddy.

I cannot say that this is a chick flick. Other than the full male frontal, this film just kind of portrayed how women were probably treated in the nineteenth century. Another thing was how much I hated the litte girl It seemed like she had such a good relationship with her mother, and then she just turned on her when she saw her mother finally get some love. That was weird to me. The death scene was really strange too. You could not really see that one coming.

All in all I believe that it was one of the strangest movies I have ever seen. I did not think it was bad per se, but I do not know if I would watch it again. I am up for a change sometimes and I can say that I am glad I saw it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home