Sunday, January 07, 2007

clueless film

This film is probably the most high-school oriented film I have ever seen. The central theme is extremely immature, though I think it was meant to be that way. Alicia Silverstone plays the typical immature teenager who is overly concerned with appearance and judges others by it. This film, although it doesn't show many similarities, reminds me of something like Legally Blonde. Both films show ditzy females with almost highly unlikely conflicts that are more or less minor in their nature. Although I know this film was extremely popular in its time, I cannot see the great moral value behind this, nor do I see a central theme in the movie. In my mind this is nothing more than a high school story in the eyes of a girl who is in the 'popular' scene and is trying to help someone get into it. Of course, there is a conflict, as there is in any story, book, or flim. That conflict is the person Cher tries to help look good and gain popularity. Of course the girl she tried to help eventually beat her at her own game, which is the main centrallized conflict of this movie. There really isn't much else of a conflict that could even be brought into this movie other than that. The only conflict in this movie is high school fighting, drama, and popularity. Of course, this movie has its audience, and its followers... Of course, I CAN'T relate to this movie in any way shape or form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home