Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Lost in Translation

I liked this movie but there were a lot of things I did not understand. I think Coppola wanted people to be a little bit confused about why things happened the way they did. First of all, Bill Murray lost about 30 lbs from the last time I saw him in a movie. He looked skinny. Scarlet Johansson is a major babe. As I said, I enjoyed this movie especially because it was filmed in Japan and the people were hilarious.

Again, However why do we see this reoccurring theme of husbands and wives sneaking around? These women directors have sick minds. I would like to know all their history's. I wonder if they have had some horrible experiences with men in their lives, because I do not think they are big fans of the males. You could definitely get a sense of Bill Murray questioning how good his marriage was when he was in the bath/hot tub and the phone conversation takes place. The two are so bland and dry on the phone it seemed like they hated eachother.

This film was defintely odd in a number of ways. Having it in Tokyo for one, as well as Bill Murray a guy in his mid 50s falling for a girl that at the time of the film was 18 years old. (ripe for the picking) Also the fact that he went all the way out there for 2 million dollars to do a Whiskey commercial. Odd, but I guess I like that kind of random idea in a movie with Bill Murray. I really do not know what else to say about this film, I liked it, but I do not believe it has many parallels with the previous two. I thought that the annoying girl that was singing all the time was funny too, what a ditz. I thought the acting was great and the movie was good. I will definitely have to see it again because there are many things I did not pick up the first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home